BOOK: 100 YEARS OF SOLITUDE

Sunday, October 08, 2017



I've been eyeing on this book since college days but wasn’t able to get to read it because of busy schedule or just maybe just plain old procrastination. Entering 2017, I decided to have a list of books I’ve always wanted to read thus this book 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez is definitely on my top list.

To be honest, this isn’t the kind of book I usually reach out for rather it was somehow pressure I guess that made me decide to read it since everyone seems to have this on their bookshelves. So I gave it a shot. It was quite long and sometimes heavy to read even though it may seem just a narrative of the Buendia family living in a town of Macondo.

I was surprised as the story progresses to a more mystically weird life of the characters. Rest assured it was one of those books you can’t wrap your head around and have to read twice some parts just to get into the author’s mind. Quite bizarre kind of a story for its setting as I read through the pages. Each character has its own story and lesson to be learned. Though it was all fiction I still believe something like this happened. I mean life in general can be pretty weird and a story told by the author seems like a just dramatic version of reality rather than of a plain made up story.

The book would really take you to the generations of this family and their experiences that ties up to their being. With that, think I've said enough to really describe the book I hope that didn't spoil it. However I agree now that this is such a must read book with its powerful reminders that are still applicable up to this day. It's truly a masterpiece of the art of fiction.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?

CONTACT

hit me up at:

lleander.v@gmail.com