Big Bad Wolf Book Fair PH 2018

Saturday, February 24, 2018


Febuary isn't all about celebrating the Valentines but also celebrating your love for books! Thanks to the Big Bad Wolf for making this year's love month a book lover's month in the Philippines (finally).

The book fair is located at the World Trade Center in Pasay and will run for 10 days (Feb.16-25, 2018) and get this, they're open 24hrs. Yes 24hrs!! So there's no excuse to not check it out.

I went there on a whim last Feb 16. Was thinking of doing my book shopping there on the latter days however I just couldn't help it. Big bad wolf's posts on facebook wasn't helping me to hold out for a while. Haha so I just have to go there on their opening day.

Got there around 6pm. Quite traffic already entering World trade Center but still tolerable. Plus there's No Admission! So just enter the Book Paradise for FREE! No lines just have to let the staffs check your bag, the normal.


Upon entering you'll be greeted by the massive amount of books stock up high on each table. I mean damn, they weren't kidding when they said 2 million books! Just wow. At that point I was very confused if I'll get a push cart instead of a carry on which I initally wanted to use so I could stick to my budget but YOLO (do people still say that?) I got both just incase they couldn't fit on the push cart haha.


Moreover to the actual books there, take note don't get your hopes so high if you're looking for the latest John Green or whoever author your eyeing for coz books here came from past years publications. Latest maybe a year old. Another thing to consider that Big bad Wolf's books are 60% Children's books 30% Reference and Non-Fiction which are sorted by topic from Business, Arts and the list goes on and 10% Fiction and Thriller. So just wanna get that clear before getting into what kind of great jems you'll find here.


As a certified part of the Titas of Manila I of course headed to the Children's books (well it was the nearest to the entrance too) and got my nephew some Pop-Up-Books, Push Button Sound, Educational & Activity books. Whew my nephew is spoiled again by her wonderful tita hahahaha! I then went to the Fiction side where lots of people especially millenials are looking for their fave authors like I even overheard "OMG John Green, ay wait Jane Green pala girl na sya?" Hahaha! Definitely I do have my set of authors I'm looking for but..


TIP #1: Be open to other authors and book genres. Seriously you might find your new (unheard) fave author here. Which leads me to..


TIP #2: That literally Don't Judge the Book by its Cover. Lemme tell you I got some books I honestly was just attracted by how they look. Shame on me. But I returned them after some reviewing. *Pat on the back*. Hihi!


Lastly TIP #3: Make use of their Sorting and Storage Sections. I'm really impressed on how they've thought of this. Maybe knowing Filipinoes can be overwhemed by the books and we'll get everything we (think we) want. Just like in buffets where we keep putting so much food on our plate and ending up with still so much food on our plates haha! *BONUS TIP: You might find what you're looking for on the unwanted books pile ;)

Their Storage System is where you have your unpurchased books be stored for 24hrs in order for you to go around the book fair and get more or if you're planning to go back the next day to continue shopping.

With these systems they will help us shoppers to rethink our selections before purchasing. So better take advantage if you wanna just get what you'll really read!


Fave section of books of course haha!

BTW, Prices? Can go for as low as 60 to 680 for hardbounds. Expect a lot higher when purchaing sets or volume based books and Premium ones of course can go as high as 3k but still such a steal. But overall they're waaay cheeper than even local bookstore sales. Yes seriously. So for even 1k you might get 8-10 books. Book binge shopping for sure!

In terms of paying, they accept Cash, Credit, & Debit and there are ATM machines in the area. Don't worry about long lines coz they have I think 40? Definitely more than 20 Airport Style cashiers to accomodate us faster. It was breezy for me there lining up. *BONUS TIP: Omg was looking for Finding Audrey and I found it along the the Paying counters where they've put more books to grab while lining up (well played Big Bad Wolf haha!)


I was done with my shopping sesh after more than 2hrs roaming around so before 10pm I paid already and left Happily Ever After with my new babies.


What I bought? No judging lols


For my nephew, Zachy!


Always learning..


You thought John Green noh? Hahaha!


Fashion and Style books! Can't beleive how cheap they are!! :)


PS. Was worried at first how I would carry my 3 plastic bags (which btw I brought a super big Eco bag to carry on one go *BONUS TIP: Bring a strudy bag/s to put your purchases in case you have tons of hardbound books like me lols) since I can't bring the push cart outside ugh this super cute staff immediately helped me with my bags!! Damn, he's so cuuute and helpful mind you haha! Even the girls behind us thought so too lols hihi 💓

Whew I think I pretty much covered the whole thing? Now time for me to catch up on some reading. Seems like my 2018 reading sesh is covered now thanks to Big bad wolf! 😊


You Might Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?

CONTACT

hit me up at:

lleander.v@gmail.com